Certified Counsellor, Registered Nurse
Alcohol & Drug Practitioner, Clinical Supervisor
I left school early and spent the first fifteen years of my working career in the construction, engineering and automotive fields.
In 1990 I started working in Mental Health. I qualified as a Registered Nurse in 1994 and became a Certified Counsellor (Addictions) in 1996. I completed my advanced level training in Psychodrama in 1999 and then trained as a Clinical Supervisor in Melbourne Australia in 2002.
I have worked extensively in the Mental Health and well-being fields, including for District Health Boards, in intensive Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation settings and for the last 12 years in the community.
I have done extensive training and education, including completing my advanced training in Relationship Counselling.
- A Member of New Zealand Association of Counsellors (MNZAC)
- A Member of the Drug & Alcohol Practitioners Association Aotearoa New Zealand (DAPPANZ) Practitioner
- A Certified Counsellor
- An Alcohol and Drug Practitioner
- A Registered Nurse, with current New Zealand Nursing Council Registration (RN)
- A Clinical Supervisor for Counsellors, Addictions Clinicians, Nurses and for those working in the Mental Health field